Level 3 Supervising Food Safety in Retail
Food handlers, including managers, supervisors or anyone associated with retail food business should know that they have vital role to play in following and enforcing food safety regulations among workers, training co-workers and subordinates to follow better food hygiene culture and establishing a dependable food safety management system.
Rules specify that those who are in food business should have adequate training on food safety principles and this Level 3 course is formulated for food managers and supervisors to improve their capabilities.
The food safety training provides students with well-researched written material along with several interactive lessons and video clippings which will make them competent with latest knowledge on food safety legislations, know the ways to prevent food contamination, know food checking procedures and work hygiene, healthy practices, food temperature control, and importance of HACCP food safety management system.
Some of the highlights of the course are given below:
- Equal to RSPH and CIEH level 3 syllabus
- Similar to REHIS Intermediate Food Hygiene Syllabus
- Meets EU and UK legal parameters for all food businesses
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Course conducted through online and no time limits for assessment
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 8-10 hours
- At the end of course, certificate will be posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Level 3 HACCP Course ?
This course on Level 3 Supervising Food Safety in Retail is made especially for food safety managers and supervisors belong to retail food business which includes food stalls in markets, grocery stores, farm shops, bakery stalls, supermarkets, butchers, wholesalers, fishmongers and delicatessens.
As per the Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on food hygiene, it’s mandatory that food handlers have training on food hygiene practices with respect to their works. This Level 3 course has been made to train managers and supervisors understand the importance of food safety regulations, improve knowledge on food safety legislations, promote industry oriented best practice at workplaces and implement HACCP food safety management system.
The course is also ideal for those in catering businesses and are aiming at Level 5 in the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme (formerly Scores on the Doors), to enhance knowledge on Safer Food, Better Business for Retail pack and know how to implement an effective HACCP system. For people who are food handlers and working below the level of managers or supervisors, then the Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety training course is the best suitable course to their needs.
Learners after completing the course will be issued a quality assured certificate which will be posted the very next working day to their address. The certification can be used as an evidence for compliance and audit purposes.
The course is recognized by the CPD Certification Service which confirms that the course is conducted as per the universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
The Level 3 course is approved by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA), which recognizes the course for providing quality and content-approved training to candidates.
Environmental Health Officer Approved
This food safety course has the approval of Environmental Health Officers who also audited the course content. They have independently reviewed the course study material and certified for having the required information to train students for the specified training level..
The course is divided into fifteen accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end.
- An Introduction to HACCP – What is food safety management, key terms, what is HACCP, benefits of HACCP and why HACCP is important.
- HACCP and The Law – Food safety legislation, training requirements, enforcing the law and due diligence.
- HACCP Alternatives – Should I use HACCP? Safer Food Better Business, CookSafe, Safe Catering, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 22000:2005, other national guides and certification schemes.
- Planning a HACCP System – Preparing for HACCP, creating a HACCP plan and HACCP success vs failure.
- Food Safety Hazards – How contamination applies to HACCP, types of contamination, physical, chemical, microbial and allergenic contamination, top 10 causes of food poisoning and controlling the hazards.
- Prerequisite Programmes – What are prerequisites? Examples of prerequisites, effective prerequisites and assessing prerequisites.
- Creating the HACCP System – The 7 principles, creating the HACCP team, HACCP team responsibilities, HACCP team skills, describing the products and ingredients, identifying the products’ uses and consumers, constructing a flow diagram and confirming the flow diagram in the premises.
- Principle 1: Hazard Analysis – What is hazard analysis? The 3-stage approach, hazard analysis documentation, prerequisites/HACCP and useful contacts.
- Principle 2: Critical Control Points – What is a control measure? What is a critical control point? Overusing CCPs, decision trees and the Codex Alimentarius Commission decision tree.
- Principle 3: Critical Limits – What is a critical limit? Critical limit criteria, examples of critical limits and setting critical limits.
- Principle 4: Monitoring Critical Control Points – What is monitoring? Effective monitoring, types of monitoring, frequency of monitoring and the monitoring plan.
- Principle 5: Corrective Action – What is corrective action? Levels of corrective action, corrective action procedures, examples of corrective action and product recalls.
- Principle 6: Verification of the HACCP System – Why is verification important? Validation, verification, reviewing the HACCP plan, benefits of reviewing HACCP, HACCP auditing and auditing essentials: data analysis, sampling and testing.
- Principle 7: Documentation – Record keeping, maintaining the HACCP team, maintaining sources of information, maintaining HACCP documentation.
- Implementing the HACCP System – Implementing HACCP, implementation methods, HACCP training, making HACCP visible and confirming completion.
By the end of this course learners will:
- Learn why food safety and hygiene standards are required for all retail food making businesses.
- Know the required food safety law and how to achieve the compliance.
- Learn different food contamination possibilities and how to control the risks effectively.
- Gain the information about how bacteria can affect food and make unfit for consumption, and ways and means to control the risk.
- Understand about the safe temperatures for cooking, freezing and chilling food and know how to take temperature readings.
- Know about the importance of managing waste, fixing the cleaning schedules and pest control measures.
- Know what the law requires with regard to personal hygiene when working in food retail premises.
- Be confident to implement HACCP food safety management system in the given work environment and understand the importance of food auditing and inspection.
Once you have read and understood the given online training material, you will be ready for an online assessment test. The test will have 45 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. All your marked answers are instantly assessed and you will know your results immediately whether you have secured the minimum pass mark or not. If you are not secured the pass mark, don’t worry, you can read the study material again and reappear for the exam with no extra cost and no specific time schedule.
Get Your Query Answered / Get Counselor Assistance To Choose the Right Course for You Or Your Associates