OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
This level 6 qualification in Occupational Health and Safety is for those aspirants looking to have a flourishing career in a senior role for managing health and safety in an organization
The successful participants of the qualification will become eligible to apply for the Graduate Level of membership – Grad IOSH.
What are the entry requirements?
The learners for this qualification should have:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 5 Award / Diploma or any equivalent recognized qualification
- Practical work experience of 3+ years, in do not have any formal qualification
- Learners should be 18 years or older when beginning the course
Health and Safety Management Principles and Policy (8 Credits)
- Health and Safety Management Practice (10 Credits)
- Risk and Incident Management (8 Credits)
Promoting a Positive Health and Safety Culture (6 Credits)
- Maintaining a Safe Workplace Environment (12 Credits)
Health and Safety Law, Regulation and Influence (8 Credits)
Development of the Health and Safety Practioner (8 Credits)
Various Qualifications fulfilling the above requirement:
- British Safety Council Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
- British Safety Council International Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
- NCFE IOSH Level 3 Certificate in Safety and Health for Business
- NCRQ Level 6 Certificate in Applied Health and Safety
- NEBOSH National / International General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 6 deliver the skills, practical knowledge, capabilities, and proficiencies that have their assessments in academic terms considered equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s Degrees with Honours
- Bachelor’s Degrees
- Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- Graduate Diplomas
- Graduate Certificates
Progress can be made in an array of Occupational Health and Safety roles after successfully completing Level 6 Occupational Health and Safety qualification. As you complete this qualification, you will be:
- Equipped with essential knowledge, understanding, and skills
- Since the qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), one can join a Masters programmer at any UK/USA/Canada University or can do OTHM Level 7 first and join University later to do a dissertation and complete the Master’s Degree.
Can make a direct entry into relevant master’s degree programmers.
On accomplishing the qualification, the participants can apply for the Graduate level of membership Grad IOSH.
The eligible candidates for Graduate membership can commence their period of Initial Professional Development where it is required to submit evidence of the practice skills in a skills development portfolio (IPD). They have to complete a professional review interview at the end of this period. Students successfully completing this IPD process will be qualified to become Chartered Members of IOSH (CMIOSH).
How is the qualification assessed?
The entire units of the qualification are assessed by the centre internally and verified externally by OTHM. The qualifications depend on the accomplishment of all the specified learning outcomes (criterion-referenced).
Submitting the evidence demonstrating that the learners fulfill all the learning outcomes and standards, as specified in assessment criteria, enables them to have a ‘pass’ for a unit. Typically, the Assessor makes the judgement on the learners’ successful assessment fulfillment.
An audit trail has to be given by the Assessor indicating in what way the judgement of the overall achievement of learners has been done.
Get Your Query Answered / Get Counselor Assistance To Choose the Right Course for You Or Your Associates