HAZWOPERM – Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Management – 30 Hour online program
HAZWOPER is the one of the most prominent international standards that governs health and safety work environments related to hazardous elements. Coined by OSHA, HAZWOPERM has been formulated as a regulatory standard which intends to protect employees working at sites of unprotected and uncontrolled hazardous wastes, performing clean-up operations of hazardous wastes without protective gears, engaged in waste treatment, storage and disposal plants and involved in emergency response activities related to hazardous items.
HAZWOPERM Course through Green World Group!
The HAZWOPERM is a 30 hour online program which has been proposed to train candidates to effectively perform any hazardous waste clean-up operation safely, perform voluntary clean-up activities as preventive and control measures, emergency response procedures, activities involving storage, disposal or treatment of hazardous substances and safe management of uncontrolled harmful waste sites. Some of the topics students learn in this short-term learning program include:
- High concentrations of toxic substances.
- Situation that is life or injury threatening.
- Immediately Danger to Life and Health (IDLH) environments.
- Situation that presents an oxygen deficient atmosphere.
- Condition that poses a fire or explosion hazard.
- Situation that required an evacuation of the area.
- A situation that requires immediate attention because of the danger posed to employees in the area.
Students will be able to know the following management principles at the end of the course:
- Understand the need in imposing safety measures related to handling of hazardous things.
- Study, understand and document about hazardous workplaces and workout necessary control mechanisms to either remove or minimize the hazards.
- Recognize harmful things and materials at the workplaces and understand the symptoms and preventive measures to make the workplaces healthy and safe.
- Implementation and effective usage of Material Safety Data sheets (MSDS) with a view to determine how safely and properly one can handle hazardous wastes materials.
- Providing training and implementing the usage of personal protective equipment that can limit the impact of hazardous exposure at workplaces.
- How to implement a workable Site Control Program that can reduce the risk of exposure to minimum workforce to limit the impact of hazardous handling zones.
- Planning an emergency action measures in case of contingencies where one should know viable practices to treat workers in the event of accidental exposure to hazardous items or planning evacuation procedures.
All candidates completing the course will have to undergo an assessment test where they have to answer 50 ‘2 mark’ questions and the minimum 60% is required to clear the exam.
Once they have cleared the self-assessment test, the delegates will get the course completion certification approved by CPD and also a unique identification number from Green World Group.
Who is approving? :
HAZOPERM 30 -Hours E-Learning courses is CPD certified.
What is CPD? :
CPD is Continuing Personal or Professional Development. The CPD Certification Service is the independent body operating across all market sectors and in support of all professional institutions, bodies and societies. Its certified CPD ‘quality mark’ is a recognised symbol of quality assured training.
The basic concept of CPD is an educational system which seeks to:
- Operate throughout the working life of a professional
- Mirror the requirements imposed upon professionals by their professional organisations and, equally importantly, by their clients
- Operate in a systematic and structured manner
- Cover the full range of knowledge and skills, personal, technical and commercial, required by a professional in his or her working life.
What types of learning are included? :
There is a number of learning methods recognised by CPD, they include:
- Distance and open learning, including computer-based systems
- Structured reading, including datasheets and periodical articles
- Writing technical papers
- Membership of relevant professional committees
- Part time teaching
- Skills developed as part of a normal in-house activities
With increasing expectations for your workforce to continue their personal and professional development, CPD offers your employees the opportunity to gain new skills and refresh their current skill set in line with changes to their work and their industry. HAZOPERM 30 -Hours E-Learning courses can be used to obtain CPD certification. For further information please visit www.cpduk.co.uk
Get Your Query Answered / Get Counselor Assistance To Choose the Right Course for You Or Your Associates