ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT & SUSTAINABILITY – online program
The idea of sustainable development was first brought to widespread attention as a global issue; however, it is increasingly being applied at more local levels down to that of individual companies. This raises the potential danger that sustainable development will come to be predominantly identified with the preservation of the organisation involved. A likely outcome is that management decision-making will tip the balance too far in favour of people-centred interests as against environmental interests.
The The study programme provides an understanding of best theories and practices for effective environmental management in the business world, public organisations and the broader society. Students learn how to apply environmental management tools and relevant knowledge, and to find out-of-the-box solutions to environmental problems affecting society which includes:
- Environmental planning,
- Environmental management systems (EMS)
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- Life cycle assessment (LCA)
- Environmental assessments (EIA and SEA)
At the conclusion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of comprehensive systemic analysis across both physical and behavioral dimensions involving society, the environment, and the economy.
- Define sustainability and assess the ways that sustainability topics are approached by a diversity of academic disciplines.
- Identify how globalized processes impact socioecological systems.
- Analyze the role of environmental sustainability in the promotion of comprehensive justice and equity.
- Apply critical thinking skills to provide sustainable solutions and build resilient communities.
- Utilize the appropriate methodological tools to analyze and address specific research questions.
- Articulate a comprehensive world view that integrates diverse approaches to sustainability.
The Assessment testing would be 10 X ‘2 mark’ questions, 10 X ‘5 Mark’ questions and 3 X ‘10 mark’ questions equaling to 100 marks, and candidates would need to secure at least 60% to pass the course.
Get Your Query Answered / Get Counselor Assistance To Choose the Right Course for You Or Your Associates