Nebosh IGC Exam Pattern:
NEBOSH IGC contains 3 units in which 2 units are of theories which will be conducted by the British Council. The 3rd unit is practical assessment and it should be submitted to the NEBOSH course provider.
- IGC 1 (Theory)
- GC 2 (Theory)
- GC 3 (Practical Assessment)
IGC 1: MANAGEMENT OF INTERNATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY.
This NEBOSH IGC 1 unit covers the basic foundation of health and safety, the first and foremost thing is to PLAN, how and what should be done, the second thing is to DO, is what should be i implemented according to the plan, the third thing is to CHECK, the plan executed efficiently or not. The final thing is to ACT, whether the previous steps are been followed properly. This paper provides the full awareness about safety, health and management.
This paper contains 5 Elements:
- Foundations in Health and Safety
- Health and Safety Management Systems – Plan
- Health and Safety Management Systems – Do
- Health and Safety Management Systems – Check
- Health and Safety Management Systems – Act
The passing criteria for this Unit is minimum 45 out of 100 which contains 8 no’s of 10 mark questions, 2 no’s of 20 mark questions.
Know More about: NEBOSH IGC 1
GC 2: CONTROL OF INTERNATIONAL WORKPLACE HAZADS
“Hazard is anything that has the potential to cause harm”. This NEBOSH GC 2 unit involves in the concept of hazard and its types in various field. Hazards may be of electricity, chemical, Mining, Ergonomics, Physical, Psychological etc. and its tackling methods to overcome them which contains 8 major elements which are as follows,
- Workplace Hazards and Risk Control.
- Transport Hazard and Risk Control.
- Musculoskeletal Hazards and Risk Control.
- Work Equipment Hazard and Risk Control.
- Electrical Safety. Ex. Electric shock, fault current, improper grounding may leads to risk and this may be overcome by regular inspection, using insulating materials like gloves, suits may be used.
- Fire Safety.
- Chemical and Biological Hazards and Risk Control. Ex. Acids used for cleaning and some gases like helium, acetylene when exposed unfortunately may leads to lung damage or allergic conditions.
- Physical, Physicological Hazards and Risk Control.
These 8 elements are covered in GC2 Unit which consists of 8 No. of 10 mark questions, 1 no of 20 mark questions.
The passing criteria for this paper is minimum 45 out of 100 alike IGC 1.
Know More about: NEBOSH GC 2
GC 3: HEALTH AND SAFETY PRACTICAL APPLICATION
This NEBOSH GC 3 is a practical assessment paper in which the candidate must prepare a report on the basis of real time scenario of any industries like oil and gas, construction company or any kind of industry and analyze on the work done with the knowledge gained in IGC1, GC2 and submit the report to the NEBOSH IGC course provider in which the 60 marks is minimum criteria to get pass.
If the Total score (i.e. all total marks of IGC1, GC2 & IGC3) is 180 out of 300, the candidate will be considered as “Passed with credit.”
If the Total score is 210 and above out of 300, the candidate will be considered as “Passed with distinction.”