Certified Fire Protection Specialist – CFPS® Exam Preparation
The Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS) credential was created in 1971 by NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) for the purpose of documenting competency and offering professional recognition for individuals involved in curtailing fire loss, both physical and financial.
Certified Fire Protection Specialist is an internationally recognized credential commitment to the fire protection and distinguishes you as someone who is willing to invest the time and effort to enhance your career. CFPS Professionals include risk managers, loss prevention specialists, fire officers, fire marshals, fire inspectors, safety managers, fire protection consultants, designers, engineers, code enforcers, facility managers and others who have responsibilities in dealing with the application of fire safety, protection, prevention, and suppression technologies.
Why to go for CFPS?
- CFPS certification differentiates you from others in your profession. It stands in recognition of your individual accomplishments, and identifies you as an authority in your field. As a CFPS, you will no longer define yourself through a job description or an academic degree. You will see yourself as a certified professional in control of your professional destiny and will find a deep sense of personal satisfaction in your career.
- CFPS Certification offers you a distinct advantage when establishing or advancing your career. Earning the CFPS credential demonstrates your proficiency and knowledge in protecting facilities from fire. It indicates a higher level or career involvement, and clearly identifies you as a dedicated employee committed to curtailing physical and financial loss due to fire.
- Academic degrees do not always represent the full measure of professional knowledge and competence in today’s evolving job market. The CFPS certification process exposes you to a great deal of practical knowledge that you can apply on a regular basis in your job. As CFPS certification is based on the NFPA Fire Protection Handbook, you can rest assured that what you learn will help protect your facility and organization from physical and financial loss due to fire.
- To Introduce Journey to CFPS Certification
- To Introduce Structure & Scope of Fire Protection Handbook
- To provide a detailed insight of CFPS Knowledge Domains
- To Prepare candidates to answer CFPS Questions with confidence and pass the exam
What a course-taker get?
At the end of this training, the Participants will gain:
- Knowledge of Fire and Fire Science
- An insight into the safety aspects and fire prevention practices in built environment
- A good understanding on the Active and Passive Fire Protection Systems
- Awareness of hazards and fire prevention / protection strategies associated with various equipment, processes and facilities
- Perception about how to design and manage ignition prevention or to slow early fire growth
- Knowledge of Detection & Alarm System
- Deeper understanding on diverse fire suppression systems
- An overview of Fire Risk Analysis, Fire Incident Data and Fire Investigations
- Understanding on Confinement of Fire
- Information on Egress Design and Occupant Evacuation in various occupancies
- An overview of Emergency & Non-Emergency Functions of Fire Department
- Fire Science, Analysis & Life Safety Education
- Life Safety and Fire Prevention in Buildings and Industrial Facilities
- Human Factors in Emergencies and Egress Design
- Fire Protection in various occupancies
- Fire Detection and Alarm Systems
- Water Based Fixed Fire Protection
- Fire Suppression Systems and Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Confining Fires & Structural Fire Protection
- Fire Rescue, Emergency response & Non-Emergency Functions of Fire Department
CFPS® is recommended for the below listed professionals:
- Project Engineers / Managers
- Risk Engineers / Managers
- Loss control / Loss Prevention specialists
- Fire Officers, Fire Marshals, Fire Inspectors
- Fire & Safety Engineers / Managers
- Safety Consultants, Designers, Engineers, Code Enforcers, Facility Managers
- All those who are directly or indirectly involved in Fire & Safety related projects.
Target Audience :
Training provides all the necessary course material to the Participants, which includes:
- Soft copy of Training Presentation
- Practice Questions for CFPS Exam
Original Book will cost USD 300+ Shipping Charges
- NFPA® Fire Protection Handbook 20th edition
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, technology, or other related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus two years of verifiable work experience dedicated to curtailing fire loss, both physical and financial.
- Associate degree in engineering, technology or other related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus four years of verifiable work experience dedicated to curtailing fire loss, both physical and financial.
- High school diploma + 6 years of verifiable work experience dedicated to curtailing fire loss, both physical and financial.
The CFPS Exam :
The CFPS exam is based on the NFPA Fire Protection Handbook 20th edition, a single – source handbook on the state-of the-art in fire protection and fire prevention practices.
- Computer based test
- Open Book Examination
- 3 Hrs.
- 100 Multiple Choice Questions 70% passing Score.
- Exam Center – professional test centers worldwide.
To find a test center near you, visit,
Examination Fee details:
- Member: Application + Exam Fee: US$350.00
- Annual Renewal Fee: US$125.00
CFPS® Certification Validity
- 3 Years Validity
- 50 Points
Computer Based Scoring:
- Answers are recorded directly on the computer screen.
- A minimum scaled score of 70 is required for passing.
- CFPS policy prohibits release of any examination scores. Candidates taking the examination receive only a “Pass” or “Did Not Pass” notification and a diagnostic report if they do not pass.
- Candidates taking the CFPS examination as a computer- based test receive a test result print-out from the test provider at the end of the examination.
This print-out reflects an unofficial test result. The official result letter will be mailed approximately four weeks after the examination.
Computer Based Scoring:
CFPS® certified and experienced trainers in the industry with a minimum of 10-15 years of experience in handling projects and training.
- Presentations. Audio/Video.
- Questions Practice.
- Question Bank with sample questions.
- Re-training within 6 months.
- Immediate assistance by the in-house trainers.
- Assistance with the application Form.
- The interested individual would register his/her name and other necessary details by submitting an online registration form post reading the Enrollment Policies thoroughly.
- An advance payment of AED 500 should be paid at the time of registration and the balance payment shall be paid on the 1st day of training.
Certification Issuance Policy:
The Course Completion Certificate will be awarded along with the required PDUs within 7 business days after the training on satisfactory completion by the course- taker.
Get Your Query Answered / Get Counselor Assistance To Choose the Right Course for You Or Your Associates