(or press ESC)
HAZOP Study & Risk Analysis for HSE Specialists
HAZOP Study and Risk Analysis is primarily designed for engineers who have already undergone courses related to Hazard and Operability study (HAZOP) and want to improve their proficiency and skills further.
The program has been split over 2 hours/day for 8 days and is also ideal for those who have no previous knowledge on HAZOP however can learn quickly. The course material is specially made, keeping in mind the kind of facilities available in the oil and gas industry, one of them being Automated Continuous Processes.
HAZOP study is to carefully review a process or operation in a systematic manner to determine whether deviations from the design or operational intent can lead to undesirable consequences. This technique can be used for continuous or batch processes and can be adopted to evaluate written procedures. The HAZOP team lists potential causes and consequences of the deviation as well as existing safeguards protecting against the deviation. When the team determines that inadequate safeguards exist for a credible deviation, it usually recommends the action be taken to reduce the risk.
- Apply advanced process HAZOP and risk assessment techniques
- Discuss mechanics of dispersion, fire, explosion and toxic releases
- Explain the concept of Quantified Risk Assessment ‘QRA’ and the HAZOP study methodology
- Practice HAZOP team leadership
- Understand the concepts of risk assessment and risk management
- Understand the estimation and evaluation of risks – qualitative, semi-quantitative and quantified risks
- Apply techniques for hazard identification and analysis – checklists, risk profiling, HAZOP, FMEA and task-based risk assessment
- Apply cause-consequences analysis – the role of fault trees and event trees in accident prevention
- Understand HAZOP studies their benefits and their short comings
- Understand the requirements of a team leader or facilitator, scribe and team members during HAZOP studies
- Facilitate a HAZOP study
Who Should attend?
This course is suitable for those who are associated in the risk assessment process, which includes all levels of design, engineering, process operations, maintenance, production and health and safety.
The course assessment is carried out by a series of case study exercises and a certificate of competency is attained on the subject.
Our Tutor’s Profile:
Mr. Vinod Richharia is a QHSE professional with a versatile experience of 36 years. He has more than 44 years of experience in manufacturing in the Chemical and Petrochemical industry. In the second part of his career, he contributed as QHSE management auditor, trainer, and consultant in oil and gas, chemical, petrochemical, and general engineering industries.
Academically speaking, he has completed his Masters in Ecology & Environment and Economics and also has a diploma in Business Management, Industrial Safety, and NEBOSH certificate to his credit.
Currently employed with Mott MacDonald Ltd. as Oil and Gas Unit QHSE Manager, he is responsible for implementation and maintenance of QHSE systems in nine countries. He leads HAZOP studies for various onshore and off shore projects. Before joining Mott MacDonald, he has worked with companies like W.S. Atkins, DNV (Det Norske Veritas), SAI Global (Australia), SABIC (Saudi Arabia), and Union Carbide. He is an assessor for prestigious “Dubai Quality Award” (a local version of EFQM Module). He has rich experience in auditing, training, and consulting in various industries across Asia and Africa.
Vinod is a registered lead auditor and trainer for Quality, Environment, and OHS with IRCA and IEMA, UK. He is approved by IOSH and CIEH, UK, to run training program in HSE. He is also a validator for CDM projects under UNFCCC (Kyoto Protocol) and HAZOP Lead.