(or press ESC)
Behavior Based Safety Management
BBSM plays important role in workplaces to maintain congenial atmosphere by creating and overseeing custom-made solutions to control behaviour-based incidents. Behaviour- based safety management (BBSM) provides a centralized support for every safety program being implemented at workplaces of various levels.
BBSM acts as an integrated safety management system across diversified training programs pertaining to workplace safety. It is the fact that about 95 per cent of industrial accidents and injuries are happening owing to unsafe work culture. In some cases, things can go dangerous if works have not been handled properly whereas in other cases, accidents can happen due to inappropriate actions of workers.
It is also true that it is workers who get affected the most due to their own action which is otherwise preventable when they act sensibly by following safety rules, regulations and practices in totality. Hence the behavioural safety has been given importance in workplace environments.
By administering BBSM into the safety management, companies have seen drastic reduction of workplace incidents and losses while improving the performances of workers. This is the testimony to the fact that one can improve safety performance by implementing behavioural safety practices.
Assessment Method: Students are evaluated by 50 ‘2 mark’ questions.
BBSM Course through Green World Group!
BBSM course is designed as a 30-hour online study program whose main focus is to make learners understand how different behavioural activities of workers can impact their work outputs and the overall safety environment, and how best to manage them appropriately. The course also covers in details the PDCA cycle and its advantages along with understanding of safety cultures and execution of health and safety practices at workplaces.
At the end of the course period, students acquire knowledge and expertise in:
- Better understanding to quantify safety behaviours
- Implementing BBSM practices and techniques to bring down number of accidents or incidents, near misses, and losses due to property damages.
- Benefits of safety culture for an organisation
- How to assess and enforce safety culture at various workplace environments.
- Mapping the system issues responsible for behavioural problems.
- Assessing the changes in the implemented corrective actions.
- Documenting the changes in workers skills due to corrective behaviours.
- Can exhibit better leadership quality to ensure safety work environments
- How to implement the Antecedent, Behaviour and Consequence (ABC) model in a work place.
- Closely work with workers and sort out issues at personal level to help them improve their performance at workplaces
At end of the course, candidates will be assessed on the basis of a test where they have to answer 50 ‘2 marks’ questions and secure a minimum of 60% to pass the course.
Once the candidates successfully completed the self-assessment test, they would receive a course qualification certificate approved by CPD along with a unique identification number from Green World Group.
Who is approving? :
BBSM 30 -Hours E-Learning courses is CPD certified.
What is CPD? :
CPD is Continuing Personal or Professional Development. The CPD Certification Service is the independent body operating across all market sectors and in support of all professional institutions, bodies and societies. Its certified CPD ‘quality mark’ is a recognised symbol of quality assured training.
The basic concept of CPD is an educational system which seeks to:
- Operate throughout the working life of a professional
- Mirror the requirements imposed upon professionals by their professional organisations and, equally importantly, by their clients
- Operate in a systematic and structured manner
- Cover the full range of knowledge and skills, personal, technical and commercial, required by a professional in his or her working life.
What types of learning are included? :
There is a number of learning methods recognised by CPD, they include:
- Distance and open learning, including computer-based systems
- Structured reading, including datasheets and periodical articles
- Writing technical papers
- Membership of relevant professional committees
- Part time teaching
- Skills developed as part of a normal in-house activities
With increasing expectations for your workforce to continue their personal and professional development, CPD offers your employees the opportunity to gain new skills and refresh their current skill set in line with changes to their work and their industry. BBSM 30 -Hours E-Learning courses can be used to obtain CPD certification. For further information please visit www.cpduk.co.uk